[aur-general] perl-libwww duplicates

Daenyth Blank daenyth+arch at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 13:06:51 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 12:54, Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca> wrote:
> Pacpan generates a comprehensive "provides" list by cross-referencing all the
> names and sources and thus includes all alternative names which rely on
> the same source files. The user has to select the "main" module though
> and include the comprehensive provides string to avoid overlap, which
> is why I've sent the full "provides" array for Bundle::LWP to the
> perl-libwww packager (which should be named perl-bundle-lwp).

Personally I've always found the current behavior very annoying. Why
not just generate the arch standard names for the depends array and
let the packager work it out if that isn't correct? Defaulting to the
standard seems better than defaulting to print everything, most of
which gets removed by hand. It's the single biggest peeve I have with
pacpan. (Not to say that I don't find it useful.)