[aur-general] Trusted User Application

Jaroslav Lichtblau tu at dragonlord.cz
Wed Nov 18 17:00:14 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 01:35:29AM +0100, Ranguvar wrote:
> Hello Archers,
>
> This is Devin Cofer, aka Ranguvar.  I'm writing because I have been thinking
> for a while about applying to become a Trusted User, and I feel that now I
> have enough basic knowledge of C, Bash, sed, and Perl to apply.

<snip>

> Xyne has kindly agreed to sponsor my application; he will likely reply to
> this soon. Thanks very much for considering me as a possible addition to the
> TU team!
>
> -- Ranguvar

Very nice. I like your attitude.
I went through the PKGBUILDs in AUR, namcap gives this:

PKGBUILD (firefox-pgo-minefield) E: File referenced in $startdir
outside of $startdir/src or $startdir/pkg
PKGBUILD (fluxbox-git) E: Backup entries should not have preceding
slashes
PKGBUILD (fluxbox-git-32trans) E: Backup entries should not have
preceding slashes

There were also some missing md5sum faults reported, but looking into
those PKGBUILDs shows, you use sha256sums. Missing md5sum looks to me
as a minor issue then.

Not stated in your application, but I would like to know how old are you?
Good luck.

Cheers,
Jaroslav

--
Gott ist nur ein erdachtes Wort, die Welt uns zu erklären.
		-- Alphonse de Lamartine