[aur-general] Status of the Chromium/Chrome packages on AUR

Panos Filip panosfilip at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 02:42:55 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 6:28 AM, Ionut Biru <ibiru at archlinux.org> wrote:

> On 11/28/2009 06:21 AM, Panos Filip wrote:
> <snip>
>
>  Does chromium-os-bin work for you ? Is it really necessary to keep at
>> least
>> one  on AUR ?
>>

> to be fair i didn't had the curiosity to try it and still don't have. but
> if you say that is not working then i told see any point to have it.
>
> in my opinion such build doesn't have to be in AUR. better to discuss this
> on forum.

IMO, we don't need this package. The binary's main purpose on the googlebot
is to demonstrate the Chrome interface on ChromeOS and in order to use when
you build a ChromeOS build (if you read the instructions, there is a step
where the this binary has to be downloaded)

Now, as it is, chromium-os-bin, provides a Chromium build with some more
features like clock, network settings, that apply on ChromeOS. It is not
ChromeOS/ChromiumOS itself