[aur-general] Conventions on packages for cross-compiling

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 17:39:45 EDT 2009

On Wed 07 Oct 2009 20:13 +0200, Vojtech Horky wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am seeking advice how to write correct PKGBUILDs for cross-compilers.
>
> The thing I am not sure about is where to install them.
> Trouble is that even the binary packages use different locations and I
> haven't found any other source where to get information from (for
> example, cross-arm-wince-cegcc-binutils uses prefix /opt/cegcc/ while
> mingw32-gcc uses /usr). So, which location would you recommend/is
> better?

I would prefer opt for this, and keeping the cross compiler files
separate from the main system.

> Another thing - is the correct naming convention 'cross-<arch>-<pkgname>'?
>
> I already created/uploaded cross-compiling tools for MIPS
> (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?O=0&K=cross-mips) before I
> realized that they might be wrong. I would be thankful for any hints on
> these as well.

I don't think there is any standard for packages for cross-compiling.
You can be the one to do it. Hah.

Make a wiki page and ask that it be linked from:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Packaging_Standards

Cheers!