[aur-general] Conventions on packages for cross-compiling

Vojtech Horky vojta.horky at seznam.cz
Wed Oct 7 14:13:21 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I am seeking advice how to write correct PKGBUILDs for cross-compilers.

The thing I am not sure about is where to install them.
Trouble is that even the binary packages use different locations and I
haven't found any other source where to get information from (for
example, cross-arm-wince-cegcc-binutils uses prefix /opt/cegcc/ while
mingw32-gcc uses /usr).
So, which location would you recommend/is better?

Another thing - is the correct naming convention 'cross-<arch>-<pkgname>'?

I already created/uploaded cross-compiling tools for MIPS
(http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?O=0&K=cross-mips) before I
realized that they might be wrong. I would be thankful for any hints on
these as well.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Regards
- Vojta