[aur-general] [TU signoff] pulseaudio-0.9.19

Partha Chowdhury kira.laucas at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 03:33:26 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 04:56:49PM +0200, bardo wrote:

> Anybody? Anything? Should I understand that nobody uses [community-testing]?
>
> I just want to know if you can hear some audio without decommenting
> "alsa-source" and "alsa-sink" in default.pa on a per-user
> configuration...

 hi i am interested in pulseaudio as recently i started to use it. For a
 clean-testing, i performed the following steps in order:

 1. killed pulseaudio daemon by pulseaudio -k. I run pulseaudio
 per-user, not system-wide.

 2.did "rm -rfv /home/partha/.pulse*"
 3. did "sudo rm -rfv /etc/pulse/"

 4. Then i removed pulseaudio by "sudo pacman -Rd pulseaudio".

 5. Rebooted.
 6 installed pulseaudio from community-testing.

 7. added myself to pulse-access and pulse-rt group.

 8. played with xmms, mpd and mplayer. No problem .Everything seems to
 bw working fine. The only message i am seeing repeatedly is this:
 "pulseaudio[3079]: ratelimit.c: 91 events suppressed" in
 /var/log/messages.log.

 This is on a i686 box.