[aur-general] AUR "Jamie" account

Daniel J Griffiths ghost1227 at archlinux.us
Mon Oct 12 13:41:42 EDT 2009

Daenyth Blank wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 13:15, Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca> wrote:
>
>> A user by the name of "Jamie" on the forum wants an AUR account with
>> the same name: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=81872
>>

> I don't think we should take any action on this without the consent of
> the account holder. If he's gone and not answering, it's not for us to
> step in and remove his account. I don't believe it's appropriate and I
> think that the users need to have confidence that we aren't going to
> meddle in things like this.

I see the logic of both points of view, but I'll add my two cents
anyway. I think that Daenyth is right, but I'd also say that an account
that was created a long time ago but has never been used could probably
be removed. Hell, on the forums we have accounts created in 2003 with a
0 post count... after six years of inactivity I'd say it's time to move on.