[aur-general] AUR "Jamie" account

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Mon Oct 12 14:21:10 EDT 2009

Am Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:41:42 -0500
schrieb Daniel J Griffiths <ghost1227 at archlinux.us>:

> I see the logic of both points of view, but I'll add my two cents
> anyway. I think that Daenyth is right, but I'd also say that an
> account that was created a long time ago but has never been used
> could probably be removed. Hell, on the forums we have accounts
> created in 2003 with a 0 post count... after six years of inactivity
> I'd say it's time to move on.

I don't agree in this. I also have an account on the forums, which I
don't need often, because usually I need to report a bug in flyspray or
I already find an answer for my problem in the forums. And I don't need
to login to search the forums. So you probably don't see any activities
for my forums account for a long time. But if I need to post in the
forums, then I'd like to use my "old" account. So deleting a forums
account due to supposed inactivity is not really nice and shouldn't be
done. And I'd be pretty angry, if my accounts would just be deleted
without asking me.

In case of an AUR account I'd principally say, that the forums "Jamie"
has bad luck. I think he should register a different user name on AUR,
and, if he wants to use the same user name in AUR and the forums, then
he should register this AUR user name in the forums and use that.

But in this case of inactivity in AUR one could friendly ask the owner
of the AUR account "Jamie" and ask him, if he wants to keep it or if he
agrees in giving his account to the forums "Jamie". And only if he
agrees this should be done. If he doesn't answer or agree then this
account should be untouched. And this should really be an
exceptional case.

Heiko