[aur-general] Conventions on packages for cross-compiling

Vojtech Horky vojta.horky at seznam.cz
Tue Oct 13 06:01:56 EDT 2009

2009/10/8 bardo <ilbardo at gmail.com>:
> 2009/10/7 Vojtech Horky <vojta.horky at seznam.cz>:
>> Hi all,
>> I am seeking advice how to write correct PKGBUILDs for cross-compilers.
>>
>> The thing I am not sure about is where to install them.
>> Trouble is that even the binary packages use different locations and I
>> haven't found any other source where to get information from (for
>> example, cross-arm-wince-cegcc-binutils uses prefix /opt/cegcc/ while
>> mingw32-gcc uses /usr).
>> So, which location would you recommend/is better?
>
> Some time ago I asked the same question about my AVR toolchain, which
> is now in [community]. I think the original thread can be interesting
> to you:
> http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2008-January/thread.html#611
>
>> Another thing - is the correct naming convention 'cross-<arch>-<pkgname>'?
>
> As you see, I just stuck with the '-arch' postfix =)
>
> Corrado

Hi,
first of all - thanks everybody for the suggestions and the links.

I read them through, (again and again) looked around how others do it
and finally decided to really write that wiki page as Loui proposed. I
put the guidelines proposal on
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Cross_Compiling_Tools_Package_Guidelines_Proposal
I and would be really glad if someone would find some time to read it
and express his opinion.

Thanks!

Regards
- Vojta