[aur-general] Drop LLVM from [community]

Evangelos Foutras foutrelis at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 21:36:01 EDT 2009

Evangelos Foutras wrote:
> Andrea Scarpino wrote:
>> On 30/10/2009, Ranguvar <ranguvar at archlinux.us> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The package 'llvm' is an orphaned [communuity] package.  I'd like to
>>> request
>>> that it me moved to the AUR so I can maintain it (I have an update and
>>> overhaul ready) and I can also create a 'clang' package for it. (split
>>> package for llvm AND clang)  Then it can be adopted by a TU if they
>>> want to
>>> bring it back into [community].
>>>
>> I vote for "move it on AUR"
>
> I believe it should be kept in [community] as it takes a considerable
> amount of time to compile (around 10 minutes on a C2D 2.66 GHz, using
> both cores).
>
> I must say I know close to nothing about LLVM, but I'm willing to
> maintain it and learn along the way. So, unless a more knowledgeable
> TU shows interest, I'll adopt it in [community] and upload a new
> package (based on Ranguvar's PKGBUILD) in the following weeks.

I've uploaded llvm 2.6-1 to [community-testing]. It doesn't include
clang, as I believe it should be built as a separate package. I think
it's possible to download both llvm and clang tarballs, place clang
inside the tools subdirectory and run `make install' from there. We'll
need to investigate this possibility.

Testing of the uploaded packages would be appreciated. :)