[aur-general] Package Updates

Joshua Dobiac joshua.dobiac at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 03:22:28 CEST 2010

I was installing a package that was out-of-date, but I'm not sure how to
contact the package manager to update it.  A search for the package
reveals that it has already been flagged as out-of-date.

Basically, what I want to know is: if the package maintainer is not
updating the package, is there a way to resubmit the package with an
update or otherwise take over management of the package?  I don't want
to step on anyone's toes and it's a small fix, but it's a pain to have
an install fail and then have to find the problem and fix it and I'd
like help anyone else (though the universe of individuals is probably 2)
who might try to use the package in the future.

Best Regards,

Joshua Dobiac