[aur-general] Package Updates

Panos Filip panosfilip at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 03:29:00 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 4:22 AM, Joshua Dobiac <joshua.dobiac at gmail.com>wrote:

> I was installing a package that was out-of-date, but I'm not sure how to
> contact the package manager to update it.  A search for the package reveals
> that it has already been flagged as out-of-date.
>
> Basically, what I want to know is: if the package maintainer is not
> updating the package, is there a way to resubmit the package with an update
> or otherwise take over management of the package?  I don't want to step on
> anyone's toes and it's a small fix, but it's a pain to have an install fail
> and then have to find the problem and fix it and I'd like help anyone else
> (though the universe of individuals is probably 2) who might try to use the
> package in the future.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Joshua Dobiac

At first, could you tell us which package is it ?
Second, you can press the contributor's name and find his/hers email
address. You can contact them this way OR/AND you can add a comment on the
package's comment area and [possibly] the contributor will see it.

If the contributor answers, it's OK.

If you can't find him, in any way, for days, you could ask a TU to orphan it
so that you could adopt it and then update it.

Making a new package for an existing one, that's not the best way to do it
:)

Regards,

Panos Filip