[aur-general] plz remove perl-set-infinite

Nico Schottelius nico-archlinux-aur-general at schottelius.org
Thu Apr 29 07:42:04 CEST 2010

Good morning devs,

just a comment from a complete archlinux newbie:

Caleb Cushing [Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:34:26PM -0400]:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:12 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> [...]
> I notice you didn't respond to the idea that aur rejects them
> instead... since aur will reject a package I don't own if it's on aur.
> why not just reject any package that's in any of the other repo's for
> the same reason.

I'm not sure what the aur-rules say about having a (more up-to-date)
package in aur in that repos, but in general:

  a) If having a package in both, a repo & aur, is not allowed:
     Depending on the server side
     implementation of the upload handling, it should be pretty easy to
     add a check there. And I think it would make much sense, to automate
     stuff that a human normally fails at and does not want to do.

  b) In any other case (uploading allowed in general or only for special reasons):
     Why not add a warning and refuse an upload of the same package by default,
     but allow --force-because-I-know-what-I-do-flag somewhere?

Caleb Cushing [Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:36:39PM -0400]:
> I suppose there is at least one other option. I could stop
> contributing period and you guys could orphan all my packages. would
> that be preferred?

Threatening never makes you friends, Caleb.

Cheers,

Nico

--
New PGP key: 7ED9 F7D3 6B10 81D7 0EC5  5C09 D7DC C8E4 3187 7DF0
Please resign, if you signed 9885188C or 8D0E27A4.

Currently moving *.schottelius.org to http://www.nico.schottelius.org/ ...