[aur-general] Please disown haskell-{funcmp, hopenssl, hsdns, hsemail, hsyslog}

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Wed Aug 11 08:56:02 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am the principal author of these packages:

  haskell-funcmp        http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=18122
  haskell-hopenssl      http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=17743
  haskell-hsdns         http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=17745
  haskell-hsemail       http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=17746
  haskell-hsyslog       http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=17751

In March 2010, I published updates to these packages on Hackage and
marked the corresponding entries in AUR out-of-date. Nothing happened.

In May, I added comments to the AUR pages, asking Don Stewart to please
update the PKGBUILDs, but nothing happened.

In June, I posted to this very mailing list and requested that the
packages please be disowned, but was referred to the Arch-Haskell
mailing list instead. So I posted there, asking whether those packages
could please be updated. Naturally, nothing happened.

By now, all of these packages have been out-of-date for over 4 months.

So ... could you PLEASE disown them so that I can take over maintenance?

Take care,
Peter