[aur-general] Please disown haskell-{funcmp, hopenssl, hsdns, hsemail, hsyslog}

Evangelos Foutras foutrelis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 09:23:27 EDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am the principal author of these packages:
>
>  haskell-funcmp        http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=18122
>  haskell-hopenssl      http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=17743
>  haskell-hsdns         http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=17745
>  haskell-hsemail       http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=17746
>  haskell-hsyslog       http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=17751
>
> In March 2010, I published updates to these packages on Hackage and
> marked the corresponding entries in AUR out-of-date. Nothing happened.
>
> In May, I added comments to the AUR pages, asking Don Stewart to please
> update the PKGBUILDs, but nothing happened.
>
> In June, I posted to this very mailing list and requested that the
> packages please be disowned, but was referred to the Arch-Haskell
> mailing list instead. So I posted there, asking whether those packages
> could please be updated. Naturally, nothing happened.
>
> By now, all of these packages have been out-of-date for over 4 months.
>
> So ... could you PLEASE disown them so that I can take over maintenance?
>
> Take care,
> Peter

Hi Peter,

I can see that three out of the five packages you list were last
updated in May and are no longer marked out-of-date. This means that
for those three packages at least, there's no reason for disowning.

Also, you mention that you were referred to the Arch-Haskell mailing
list. If you posted there, can you provide a link to your opening
message? I'd be interested to see what replies you got.

I apologize if your requests seem to go unfulfilled, but --to me at
least-- the situation with arch-haskell and the AUR is a bit unclear,
so I'm not sure what action should be taken.

Cheers.