[aur-general] Moving some popular games from AUR to community

Sven-Hendrik Haase sh at lutzhaase.com
Sun Aug 15 02:39:24 EDT 2010

 On 15.08.2010 08:20, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 15/08/10 15:47, Sven-Hendrik Haase wrote:
>>   I'd like to move the following games from AUR but I wanted to avoid
>> any
>> potential tears this time, thus I'm posting my sinister intentions here
>> first.

>> supertuxkart
>
> That was in [community] not to long ago but I dropped it when no-one
> offered to take over maintenance.

I don't think I was a TU by the time that it was dropped but I'd take it
now.

> Isn't ufoai massive?
>
> Allan

UFO:AI is 5M + 500M. It's one of the bigger packages for sure. Along
with the potential Urban Terror 700M. It's up there with Nexuiz 870M and
VDrift 515M. It's not a problem for our mirrors as the Arch binary repos
are completely dwarfed by other distributions. It's also not a
maintenance issue for me as I got the needed uplink to upload these from
time to time.
Besides, I don't think there will be a lot more big packages to come
after these, at least in the near future.