[aur-general] Shall I move mplayer-vaapi to [community]?

Vi0L0 vi0l093 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 17:17:00 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 17 August 2010, at 08:23:17, Ionuț Bîru <ibiru at archlinux.org> 
> Did catalyst resolved the issues that we had with it some time ago?
> If yes  catalyst should be repacked properly if you want it in repos,
> like nvidia is.

No, catalyst is still away from good support of upstream kernel/xorg-server.
For xserver 1.7 support we had to wait for nearly 5 months! Plus we have to 
wait 2 months for them to put my 1 line patch which serve kernel 2.6.34 
support, 1 line! Sure it's now supporting xserver 1.8 and kernels up to 
2.6.36-rc1 but it's bad idea to put it to official repo just because of that. 
Catalyst actually support just few distros, and that distros are generally far 
from upstream. I was actually crossing all my fingers for xserver 1.9 (which 
has new abi) in ubuntu 10.10. But it was worth it... <sigh> so we don't need 
to wait for new xserver support for 5 months, just 2...
Anyhow my point is that catalyst atm isn't ready to land in official repo, it's 
far far away from Arch Way, and i think that catalyst should show at least one 
year of good support before we could put it to official repo again.

gpg: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x561FEC2AFFC7E56E

More information about the aur-general mailing list