[aur-general] Remove AUR grub2-efi package

Wieland Hoffmann themineo at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 19 04:05:27 EDT 2010

KESHAV P.R. wrote:
> Please remove the grub2-efi package
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34470 . I have uploaded
> grub2-efi-x64 http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39904 and
> grub2-efi-x86 http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39905 to
> replace it. I already informed grub2-efi maintainer "bardo" about the
> new packages and he has agreed for grub2-efi's removal. Thanks.
I don't get why you need 2 separate packages for that. The only
difference in the PKGBUILDs are the _EFI_ARCH, _trns_name and HOST
variables, and the additional makedepends for the x86 package. What's
the benefit of 2 packages instead of one package with some checks that
set the variables?

Having arch=('i686' 'x86_64') in both of them is also quite confusing.

And btw, the x86_64 package is not providing grub2-efi.

Wieland