[aur-general] TU application

Lukáš Jirkovský l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 14:01:35 EDT 2010

Hi Jaroslav

On 22 August 2010 18:28, Jaroslav Lichtblau <tu at dragonlord.cz> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 10:43:23AM +0200, Lukáš Jirkovský wrote:
>
> Hi Lukáš,
> nice to see someone from the Czech Republic aplying for a TU!
> Since so many people asking for discussion and none has been done yet,
> here a short output from namcap for your AUR packages. All simple fixes,
> I always liked your PKGBUILDs, so I didn't expect any bigger problems.
>
> PKGBUILD (aacplus) W: Description should not contain the package name.
> PKGBUILD (cdrtools) W: Description should not contain the package name.
> PKGBUILD (gimp-plugin-texturize) E: Use $srcdir instead of $startdir/src
> PKGBUILD (gimp-plugin-texturize) E: Use $pkgdir instead of $startdir/pkg
> PKGBUILD (metisse-cvs) E: Use $srcdir instead of $startdir/src
> PKGBUILD (metisse-cvs) E: Use $pkgdir instead of $startdir/pkg
> PKGBUILD (nucleo-cvs) E: Use $srcdir instead of $startdir/src
> PKGBUILD (nucleo-cvs) E: Use $pkgdir instead of $startdir/pkg
> PKGBUILD (ocropus) E: Not enough md5sums: 2 needed
> PKGBUILD (ossec-agent) E: File referenced in $startdir
> PKGBUILD (ossec-local) E: File referenced in $startdir
> PKGBUILD (ossec-server) E: File referenced in $startdir
> PKGBUILD (targetware) E: Use $srcdir instead of $startdir/src
> PKGBUILD (targetware) E: Use $pkgdir instead of $startdir/pkg

Thanks for posting the error list here. I didn't know about the
$startdir issues, because I did some sed magic when $pkgdir and
$srcdir were introduced locally to replace them and it seems I didn't
have to update these packages since that time. I'll fix that ASAP.

As for the ossec-* packages it's intentional. I expect the user
changes the configuration file which is a part of the package. I don't
want to bother users with need to change the checksums array every
time they change some of the settings and I didn't find any other
option how to exclude the file from checksums check.

> In your application, you didn't mention your age. So may I ask how old are you?
> Good luck!
>
> Cheers,
> Jaroslav

Sure you can ask. I'm 21.