[aur-general] Licenses, GPL3 only

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Thu Aug 26 07:25:06 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Roberto Alsina's message of 2010-08-26 13:16:05 +0200:
> On Thursday 26 August 2010 08:12:23 Ronald van Haren wrote:
> > My second point was that we don't know what the future will bring.
> > Will new applications being licensed under GPL2 or later, GPL3 or
> > later, GPL4, GPL4 or later... there are lots of options. There are
> > lots of possibilities and I'm wondering if it is at all feasible to
> > create a naming scheme which will fit all.
>
> Sure:
>
> GPL2
> GPL2+
> GPL3
> GPL3+
> etc.

That's what I'd be in favor of. I'm not sure the '+' is the best way,
because it has other meanings than 'any later' as well.

> For convenience, you may want to make GPL the equivalent of GPL2+

I think that's not convenient but confusing.
--
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu
und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan