[aur-general] cmake build

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Aug 27 03:28:07 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 07:27, Nathan O <ndowens.aur at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 1:24 AM, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org>wrote:
>> On 27/08/10 06:03, Nathan O wrote:
>>> I have encountered having the issues with software that uses cmake as
>>> it's build system. Usually I get the warnings stating that there is an
>>> Insecure RPATH and Package contains reference to $srcdir. I believe I
>>> figured out how to fix the RPATH issue, because a previous package had
>>> Rpath issues and I used sed to add a setting(can't remember what the
>>> setting is called at this second). The issue I have now is the Reference
>>> to $srcdir, for the current package and future reference, how do you fix
>>> it?
>>
>> The fix for the $srcdir issue depends on the nature of the issue.  Not very
>> helpful, I know.  Have a look in the ml archives for a discussion of this
>> issue, it took place not so long ago and was started by me.  There you'll
>> find enough information to be able to do the same check that makepkg does
>> so you can find *exactly* why it complains.
>>
>> If I find the time to take a closer look myself, is there a PKGBUILD
>> available already that I can use?  Where?
>>
> If you would like to, http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22993 I will
> check out the archives. Thanks

I had a quick look.  I don't get any complaints about RPATH, what did you run
to see that?

(I should probably mention that I'm on an x86_64 system, not sure if that
makes a difference though.)

> P.S. I searched Google last night and somebody stated to do something like
> "grep -R $srcdir $pkgdir"

Yes, that's the one.  The only result I get is from fqterm.bin.  It looks like
it contains references to the location of the source files used during the
build.  My uninformed guess is that it's related to some event mechanism
(close by are strings like "httpDone", "windowmgr.currentChanged"...).  I
don't program much in C++, and I haven't used QT since about KDE 0.2 time, but
my guess would be that these references to $srcdir are harmless.

/M

--
Magnus Therning                        (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus@therning.org          Jabber: magnus@therning.org