[aur-general] removal proposal for Ranguvar

Ray Rashif schiv at archlinux.org
Thu Dec 2 23:50:24 CET 2010

On 3 December 2010 06:47, Lukas Fleischer <archlinux at cryptocrack.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 12:06:25AM +0200, Ionuț Bîru wrote:
>> Ranguvar has been added in our team no more than last year.
>>
>> Conform bylaws a motion should be sent and two active TUs and a
>> voting procedure should follow after 7 days of discussion.
>>
>> Here are my reasons:
>>
>> 1) i noticed in January he doesn't have an account on our devel
>> panel, i asked him to send all the infos to get one and he replied
>> that he doesn't need one because none of his packages are suitable
>> for community. Replying to his email i encourage to get one and
>> adopt some packages from community. At that time we have ~700
>> orphans and i haven't got any replies from him.
>>
>> 2) no commits in community since the addition.
>>
>> 3) he's not marked as inactive and conform bylaws this proposal
>> doesn't have sense. Quoting:
>>
>> "There is one special case for removal, removal due to unwarranted
>> and undeclared inactivity, for which standard voting procedure
>> deviates from the above."
>>
>> I'm waiting to see your replies and then act based on them.
>
> This is kinda sad to hear, but given the complete (and undeclared)
> inactivity, I'd agree.

Yeah. At first I thought it was a normal inactivity issue. But then
Ionut made me aware that he doesn't even have an account. That was
awkward.

Anyway, he doesn't appear to have the time. So I say it's best he's
removed for now. He can apply again after 3 months if by that time he
wants to start contributing.