[aur-general] Non-native English speakers and the AUR by-laws [WAS: removal proposal for Ranguvar]

PyroPeter abi1789 at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 5 19:42:34 CET 2010

On 12/05/2010 03:11 AM, Xyne wrote:
> I'm halfway tempted to create the flowchart but I just don't have the time. If
> someone wants to adapt the dot file from the Arch Linux Help Guide Flowchart,
> feel free:
>
> http://xyne.archlinux.ca/miscellaneous/#the-arch-linux-help-guide-flowchart
>
> Make sure that "Blame Allan" is in there somewhere (Was quorum reached? --no-->
> Blame Allan -->  etc)

I created a flowchart about the Standard Voting Procedure [1], but I had
problems understanding this bit:

 > A simple majority is needed to pass or reject the motion. In the
 > event of a draw, being that 50% is not a majority, the motion does
 > not pass.

Isn't "reject" the same as "does not pass"?
And what means "being that 50% is not a majority"? (50% of what?)

As I showed in the graph, I understood the quoted text as follows:

[1] http://keks.selfip.org/arch/svp.svg
     http://keks.selfip.org/arch/svp.dot (source)
--
freenode/pyropeter                          "12:50 - Ich drücke Return."