[aur-general] Some packages moved from extra/community to aur

Peter Lewis plewis at aur.archlinux.org
Tue Dec 7 09:20:27 EST 2010

On Tuesday 07 December 2010 12:30:35 Seblu wrote:
> 2010/12/7 Cédric Girard <girard.cedric at gmail.com>:
> > On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 11:56 AM, Michael Trunner <michael at trunner.de>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Well, it's really simple. As autofs already have 10 votes, you just need
> > to apply to become a TU and you will be able to move it to [community]
> > and maintain it
>
> This is not so simple.
> If i wanna be a TU, this need a long time before to be enough famous
> in arch community to make an application.

I think Cédric's suggestion isn't daft at all. TUs really should be people who
have a good experience of using Arch Linux and have the neccesary skills to
build and maintain packages. It's not at all about being famous, IMO. (I
hardly think I was, nor am I now!)

Seriously, if you or anyone else is interested in there being certain packages
in [community] (and they fulfill the requirements) and you have the skills,
please do apply :-)

We said a while back, I think, that we'd rather have more TUs maintaining
reasonable numbers of packages, and packages that they use, than a small
number of TUs with too much on their plates.

Pete.