[aur-general] Tarball Guidelines

KESHAV P.R. skodabenz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 09:38:42 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 03:16, Ray Rashif <schiv at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 8 December 2010 03:47, keenerd <keenerd at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Here are some of my favorites.  And some stats about what is in the AUR.
>>
>> -Kyle
>> http://kmkeen.com
>
> You could also try the following:
>
> * PKGBUILDs with executable bit set
> * Install scriptlets with executable bit set
> * One or more included files from source array if it's a URL

I am not a TU but I maintain all my PKGBUILDs
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=skodabenz in a git repo
in an ntfs partition so that I can edit even in windows (of course
makepkg --source needs arch). Any damn file created in the ntfs
partition gets executable bit set. There is a ntfs-3g mount option to
disable executable bit for all files but I am not using it as I use
some bash scripts which I run from that partition itself instead of
copying to home/desktop dir. Just my suggestion.

- Keshav