[aur-general] Tarball Guidelines

Ray Rashif schiv at archlinux.org
Tue Dec 7 22:46:40 CET 2010

On 8 December 2010 03:47, keenerd <keenerd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here are some of my favorites.  And some stats about what is in the AUR.
>
> -Kyle
> http://kmkeen.com

You could also try the following:

* PKGBUILDs with executable bit set
* Install scriptlets with executable bit set
* One or more included files from source array if it's a URL

Anyway, we could implement things like these in AUR itself, and the
maintainer would be informed upon upload (first submission or
subsequent updates) without having to resort to posting comments, and
depending on the severity of non-compliance either allow or reject the
upload.

Also, while you're on this, you can actually send the maintainer an
e-mail, rather than posting a comment. That would be pretty slick,
actually. But of course, first we need to decide what and what not to
warn/inform about.