[aur-general] Augeas request

Justin Davis jrcd83 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 00:00:32 EST 2010

I don't know if it would help but I have created an ocaml module that
you could use to interface with libalpm. The github repo is at
https://github.com/juster/ocaml-alpm but it isn't completely finished.
It works and is comprehensive but has no docs and no Makefile.

Making packages from the AUR isn't very complicated if you already
know which packages are from the AUR beforehand. You just download the
source package (wget/curl), extract it, run makepkg in the extracted
directory, and do what you want with the binary package. You
loop/recurse over a list of package names doing this for each one. I
suppose this would be a list of one single element: augeas?

Having a needed package in the AUR doesn't seem like a deal breaker
unless there is some sort of upstream policy preventing you from using
the AUR.
--
-Justin