[aur-general] Augeas request

Thomas S Hatch thatch45 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 00:08:25 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Justin Davis <jrcd83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know if it would help but I have created an ocaml module that
> you could use to interface with libalpm. The github repo is at
> https://github.com/juster/ocaml-alpm but it isn't completely finished.
> It works and is comprehensive but has no docs and no Makefile.
>
> Making packages from the AUR isn't very complicated if you already
> know which packages are from the AUR beforehand. You just download the
> source package (wget/curl), extract it, run makepkg in the extracted
> directory, and do what you want with the binary package. You
> loop/recurse over a list of package names doing this for each one. I
> suppose this would be a list of one single element: augeas?
>
> Having a needed package in the AUR doesn't seem like a deal breaker
> unless there is some sort of upstream policy preventing you from using
> the AUR.
> --
> -Justin

Thanks, I will need to look into this, but I have found a solution!
I will have libguestfs packages up shortly!

I didn't think it would be wise to build a package from aur during the build
of a package, so I hardcoded in the use of bacman.

As for your ocaml package, I will have to take a look!

-Thomas Hatch