[aur-general] Arch holiday madness! nominations

Thomas Dziedzic gostrc at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 12:02:39 EST 2010

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Ionuț Bîru <ibiru at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 12/11/2010 06:51 PM, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 10:44:29 -0600
>> Thomas Dziedzic<gostrc at gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> http://rollingrelease.com/software/2010/12/arch-holiday-madness
>>
>> 404 not found.
>>
>> Dieter
>
> Ghost changed the server and dns is not fully propagated.
>
> Perfect timing for this kind of actions :D

I will repost the article here and on the forums for people having issues.

    * It’s that time again, to give and receive presents, and to push
the boundaries of what defines procrastination. That is why some of
the trusted users (td123 & kaitocracy) are willing to listen to the
community for package nominations to the [community] repo.

    * To vote, post the package names, and a brief explanation of why
they should be included, to either the ML [1] or bbs [2]. Only
comments made on the ML thread or BBS thread will be considered. To
appease Xyne, we will only accept nominations on the ML that do not
top-post. Make sure that the packages you nominate follow the
guidelines [3]. We will consider packages which have the most
nominations, but that will not be the definitive criterion.

    * At least 1 package will be added, but expect more to get
included. You will be able to nominate packages until December 23rd at
23:59:59 UTC time. The packages that have been accepted will be
announced sometime before December 24th 23:59:59 UTC, the day before
Christmas.

- Arch Linux world domination Inc

   1. http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2010-December/012510.html
   2. https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=109897