[aur-general] Arch holiday madness! nominations

Thorsten Töpper atsutane at freethoughts.de
Sat Dec 11 18:05:01 EST 2010

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 23:44:42 +0100 Stefan Husmann
<stefan-husmann at t-online.de> wrote:
> Am 11.12.2010 03:15, schrieb Thomas Dziedzic:
> > This is the official thread of the "Arch holiday madness!"
> > nominations! Please read the article located on rollingrelease.com
> > or archlinux.org before posting nominations here.
> >

> Hello,
>
> I made an announcement on the german speaking Arch Linux forum about
> your offer and the result was overwhelming. As to speak with the
> words often heard at Eurovision Song Contest: And here are the
> results of the german votes:

<snip>

> The packages have at least 10 votes _or_ more than 1% pkgstats, so
> formally they are valid candiates. I do not know many of these
> packages well, but I myself considered hsetroot, pragha, pdfsam and
> pdftk (if it had not this difficult to maintain makedependency
> gcc-gcj) for [community].
>

> Regards Stefan

Gnah Stefan, I just posted on the thread that they should read the
rules and implied that they should write a short description for their
proposals. This list of packages will simply be ignored as there are no
descriptions for why they shall be moved to the repository. Don't do
everything for that kindergarten by feeling forced by them to do so,
they shall learn to read and behave properly.

It is nice you did this stuff(creating a list, checking if they are
according to rules etc.), tell them they shall write their description
and when you got them, then you can take care of them, else your the
one who is blamed by everyone else and this shall not happen.

Thorsten
--
Jabber: atsutane at freethoughts.de Blog: http://atsutane.freethoughts.de/
Key: 295AFBF4     FP: 39F8 80E5 0E49 A4D1 1341 E8F9 39E4 F17F 295A FBF4