[aur-general] VirtualBox in [community]

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Tue Dec 28 07:06:22 EST 2010

Am Tue, 28 Dec 2010 12:59:33 +0100
schrieb Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de>:

> I would suggest these names as they are clearer:
>
> virtualbox-additions -> virtualbox-guest-additions
>
> This implies that these are the additions for all supported guests and
> it's Oracle's official name for that. It's delivered by Oracle as an
> iso anyway. So no need for an additional -image or -iso in the name.
>
> virtualbox-additions could be confused with virtualbox-ext-oracle.
>
> virtualbox-guest-additions -> virtualbox-arch-guest-additions,
> virtualbox-guest-arch-additions or something like that
>
> This would explain that those additions are at least Arch specific.

Probably it would be even better to remove the packages
virtualbox-guest-additions and virtualbox-guest-modules completely as
Arch Linux is fully supported by the installation script of the iso
installed by virtualbox-additions. And the guest additions installed by
this script are working perfectly out of the box on Arch Linux guests.

Heiko