[aur-general] [UPDATE] Perl packing guidelines discussion

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Mon Feb 1 17:43:30 EST 2010

> I'm still fairly new to Arch and various package building strategies but
> the perl stuff looks interesting. I would like to build some perl
> packages in the near future so hope to keep up with the pacpan
> developments. I like what CPAN does but one thing I don't like about
> using the CPAN module to build/install modules is there seems to be no
> way to quickly uninstall or remove a package that is no longer needed.
> That's where the Arch packager comes in really handy.
>
> I'm not much a forum man so hopefuly some of the traffic may find its
> way to over here.

I've released the new version of pacpan which provides what I think are
some powerfull tools for CPAN packagers on Arch. Please see the
following:

Pacpan info page:
http://xyne.archlinux.ca/info/pacpan

Perl Packaging Guidelines discussion thread

Perl Packaging Guidelines ticket on the bug tracker
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18113

You may also want to take a look at bauerbill, which has taken over and
improved on pacpan's old ability to install packages from CPAN with
full dependency resolution:
http://xyne.archlinux.ca/info/bauerbill