[aur-general] TU without [community] maintaining?

Lex Rivera x-demon at x-demon.org
Wed Feb 3 14:12:22 EST 2010

On 03/02/10 19:57, Florian Friesdorf wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 07:55:10PM +0100, Laszlo Papp wrote:

> > > yaourt could ship with the TU-Auth's public key and it's default
> > > configuration could be to trust packages by people that are signed by
> > > the TU-Auth.
> > >
> > > key management should further be integrated into yoaurt (or the like)
> >
> > Yaourt is not supported officially, and it's buggy and abandoned
> > program at this momment, and it has got a very bad design concept to
> > parse URLs directly, so much people wouldn't like to use it ...
>
> Well, what are people using to install packages from AUR?
>
> --
> Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net>
>   GPG FPR: EA5C F2B4 FBBB BA65 3DCD  E8ED 82A1 6522 4A1F 4367
> Jabber/XMPP: flo at chaoflow.net
>   OTR FPR: 9E191746 213321FE C896B37D 24B118C0 31785700
> IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC
Yaourt is popular, but there is other good alternatives to it. I like
yaourt interface, but... It's extremely slow. And not developed anymore. Compare it to packer for
example.
Anyway, gpg support at least for binary packages can be great, but i
haven't seen any pacman gpg patches or even preluminary support.