[aur-general] TU without [community] maintaining?

Pierre Chapuis catwell at archlinux.us
Wed Feb 3 14:19:56 EST 2010

Le Wed, 3 Feb 2010 19:55:10 +0100,
Laszlo Papp <djszapi at archlinux.us> a écrit :

> > key management should further be integrated into yoaurt (or the like)
>
> Yaourt is not supported officially, and it's buggy and abandoned
> program at this momment, and it has got a very bad design concept to
> parse URLs directly, so much people wouldn't like to use it ...

Yaourt is not abandonned, and he did say "and the like", which includes
Bauerbill, Pakthan... Bauerbill already implements a way to trust users
but the names of the users that can be trusted have to be configured
manually.

I used to dislike those wrappers very strongly when they didn't allow
their user to verify PKGBUILDs. Now they all do, and that's their
default behavior. I still don't use them because they wouldn't save me
much time, the most time-consuming part of the installation of AUR
packages being to check the PKGBUILDs. I might switch to bauerbill
though, because although what it does is not enough, at least it allows
me to trust selected users.

--
catwell