[aur-general] Bug in perl-text-bibtext build script for x86_64 platform

Ted Pavlic ted at tedpavlic.com
Wed Feb 10 12:42:35 EST 2010

Firmicus --

> Thanks for this. I actually found a PKGBUILD for version 0.38 on my
> computer dating from last June which obviously I had forgotten to upload
> to AUR :( Although the C*FLAGS with -fPIC are set globally in there, it
> builds and works just fine on my x86_64 system. I have updated it on AUR
> yesterday. Can you test it please? If your problem persists I will try
> to follow your suggestion.

	The version on AUR seems to still be for 0.37 (and I still get the
build error, pasted below). Did you mean to attach an updated PKGBUILD?

	Thanks --
	Ted

The error (which is fixed by adding -fPIC to Makefiles in btparse):
=====
Running Mkbootstrap for Text::BibTeX ()
chmod 644 BibTeX.bs
rm -f blib/arch/auto/Text/BibTeX/BibTeX.so
cc  -shared -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -L/usr/local/lib
-fstack-protector BibTeX.o btxs_support.o  -o
blib/arch/auto/Text/BibTeX/BibTeX.so btparse/src/.libs/libbtparse.a\
                 \

/usr/bin/ld: btparse/src/.libs/libbtparse.a(input.o): relocation
R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.8' can not be used when making a
shared object; recompile with -fPIC
btparse/src/.libs/libbtparse.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [blib/arch/auto/Text/BibTeX/BibTeX.so] Error 1
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
=====

--
Ted Pavlic <ted at tedpavlic.com>

   Please visit my 2009 d'Feet ALS walk page:
         http://web.alsa.org/goto/tedp
   My family appreciates your support in the fight to defeat ALS.