[aur-general] orphaned vim colorscheme PKGBUILD files

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 18:38:30 EST 2010

On 16/02/2010, Florian Preinstorfer <nblock at archlinux.us> wrote:
> Hi,
> i searched the AUR and found a lot of vim colorscheme PKGBUILD files that
> were
> orphaned by their maintainers and are part of either vim-colorschemes (AUR),
> vim-colorsamplerpack  (extra) or both.
>
> I suggest to delete this packages to keep the AUR clean.
>
> part of vim-colorschemes and orphaned:
> part of vim-colorsamplerpack and orphaned:
> part of both and orphaned:

Technically, none of them conflict with the [extra] package because
the official files are distributed across the vim72 and vimfiles dirs,
whereas these place theirs directly to /usr/share/vim/foo/.

To me, it's a little bit of an overkill to have a package for one file
(excluding the license) when all of them are provided for by an
official package, so I would delete these if you were to ask for
opinions.

But if most of them are under Laszlo, then he is (was?) an active
pacman enthusiast and twice a TU applicant. So he might still be
around to share his thoughts on this.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD