[aur-general] Removal Request (bin32-crossover-games)

Evangelos Foutras foutrelis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 14:00:02 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Sheepeh <sheepeh at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
> I think this is the correct way to request a removal, but please tell me if
> it isn't! =)
>
> If you could please remove my package at
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34985 (bin32-crossover-games) as
> it's now redundant; a fellow user informed me how to make a package install
> different deps depending on arch.  The "crossover-games" package now handles
> both i686 and x86_64 equally well, so I'll just keep that one maintained.
>  Apologies for making it redundant quite so quickly!

Done. Also, in crossover-games you need to add a space before the
equals sign in the architecture check, otherwise it will always fail
and select dependencies for x86_64. The exact error is shown below
(this was run on a i686 machine):

[foutrelis at failboat ~]$ if [ $CARCH= 'i686' ]; then echo i686; else
echo x86_64; fi
-bash: [: i686=: unary operator expected
x86_64

And below is the same check with the missing space character added:

[foutrelis at failboat ~]$ if [ $CARCH = 'i686' ]; then echo i686; else
echo x86_64; fi
i686

Cheers.