[aur-general] Help in building i686 packages needed

Uli Armbruster uli.armbruster at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 11 08:16:47 EST 2010

* Ray Rashif <schivmeister at gmail.com> [09.01.2010 20:38]:
> 2010/1/10 Chris Brannon <cmbrannon79 at gmail.com>:
> >> I also need a rebuild on acerhk. It is an i686-only kernel module, a
> >> simple pkgrel bump should be more than enough. By the way, I don't
> >> even use the driver anymore, rebuilding is not much of a hassle, but
> >> if any TU uses it, feel free to take it.
> >
> > Hi Corrado,
> > I rebuilt acerhk for you, and I will upload it.  However I saw
> > the following error, and I'm not quite sure what it means:
> >
> >  Building modules, stage 2.
> >  MODPOST 1 modules
> > WARNING: modpost: Found 2 section mismatch(es).
> > To see full details build your kernel with:
> > 'make CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y'
> >
> > Do you have any idea?  Nevertheless, the package built successfully.
> > Sorry, I can't test, because I don't use the driver.
>
> According to http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=00965 that's not
> really harmful :)
>

> --
> GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD

I hope I'm not completely wrong with this, but the current version of acerhk is built for kernel 2.6.31, so of course it won't work ;-) I recompiled it for 2.6.32, but it didn't work at all. Actually, my multimedia keys stopped working after loadging the acerhk module. Are there any TUs with computers with hardware using the acerhk module? I can do testing, if required, although I don't really use this module. My laptop is a Medion MD94500.

Greetz
Army