[aur-general] TU Resignation abhidg

Abhishek Dasgupta abhidg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 10:22:16 EST 2010

Hi all,

So long ...

Real life has been getting busier and busier lately, with my final
year in university coming up. I've not been able to devote much time
to Arch in the last month at all; thus I'm resigning as a Trusted
User. I've a few packages in [community], many of them are scientific
packages which I used once. I hope someone will take them up,
otherwise they can move to unsupported.

Arch was my first exposure to open-source contribution and it's been a
great two years! Thanks to everyone (Hugo, Aaron, Allan, and others
who have helped me) and also Varun, thanks to whom I could become a
part of this community.

PS I really hope someone makes a stable distro out of the Arch core
(Starch? :) ). One of the main reasons for quitting is that I don't
have a reliable internet connection where I'm most of the time, and
can't keep up with a rolling release any more.

PPS The zsi package has a missing dep (python-setuptools). Could
someone fix it? Thanks!

Regards,

Abhishek Dasgupta