[aur-general] Perl packing guidelines discussion

Steve Holmes steve.holmes88 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 18:51:48 EST 2010

On 01/28/2010 04:24 AM, Xyne wrote:
> Could all Perl packagers please take a look at the following forum
> discussion:
>
> http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=89752

I'm still fairly new to Arch and various package building strategies but
the perl stuff looks interesting. I would like to build some perl
packages in the near future so hope to keep up with the pacpan
developments. I like what CPAN does but one thing I don't like about
using the CPAN module to build/install modules is there seems to be no
way to quickly uninstall or remove a package that is no longer needed.
That's where the Arch packager comes in really handy.

I'm not much a forum man so hopefuly some of the traffic may find its
way to over here.