[aur-general] bin32-wine and related [WAS: trusted users business]

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 19:38:13 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-16 at 02:25 +0300, Ionuț Bîru wrote:
> On 07/16/2010 02:15 AM, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
> > On Fri, 2010-07-16 at 00:12 +0200, Sven-Hendrik Haase wrote:
> >>>
> >> I would be very delighted to see bin32-wine moving into community. If
> >> you can package all the lib32 packages it depends on you will a) be able
> >> to do that b) have some packages that make good community candidates
> >> anyway (lib32 stuff). Also, why can't you do it while on vacation?
> >> Surely you have your SSH tunnel, right? :)
> >>
> >> -- Lord Sven-Hendrik "Svenstaro" Haase
> >
> > I second the bin32-wine thing =). For it to be useful though I think
> > lib32-all-graphic-drivers need to be available?
> >

> no. only lib32-libgl and lib32-nvidia-utils, which already are in
> community.
>
> lets stick in the future in $subject and start another thread if you
> feel you need to add something about packaging :D

Your wish is my command.

Okay now that I have your answer I understand my assumptions were
mistaken, only the libgl/nvidia-utils packages are 'app-facing' in that
sense.

A nagging question that I've been having in the back of my mind, how
similar is Arch's lib32 stuff with the multi-lib stuff other distros
(random example Ubuntu since that's my previous experience) do. When I
first started using Arch I set a chroot up for my
wine/skype/google-earth on the understanding that lib32 would always be
'unofficial', but recently I've seen more lib32 packages making it to
[community].

Would lib32 make Arch multi-lib, then?