[aur-general] more orphans which could move from [community] to [unsupported]

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 14:13:28 EDT 2010

On 6 June 2010 01:48, Chris Brannon <cmbrannon79 at gmail.com> wrote:
> These all need to be rebuilt for community-cleanup, but nothing depends
> on them.
>
> * cxxtest (last rebuild in February of 2006)
> * hal-cups-utils (last rebuild in September of 2007)
> * jump-project and jump-roadmatcher (last rebuild in November of 2006)
> (jump-roadmatcher is the only thing
> that depends on jump-project, and nothing depends on jump-roadmatcher.)
> * libcgi (last rebuilt in June of 2006)
> * liboop and nepim (These move as a unit.  nepim is the only package which
> depends on liboop, and nothing depends on nepim).
> * live-f1 (Package is also out-of-date.)
> * magickthumbnail (last rebuild in October 2006)
> * mime-editor (last rebuild in October 2006)
>
> * pypanel
> * python-certtool
> * python-constraint
> * python-mechanize
> * python-pyparallel
> * python-pyserial
>
> *python-clientform (python-mechanize is the only package that depends on it.
> If python-mechanize goes, this one can go too.)

Hey Chris

According to pkgstats [
https://www.archlinux.de/?page=PackageStatistics ], the following have
at least 5% usage:

cxxtest
hal-cups-utils
pypanel
python-mechanize
python-clientform

And these below 5%, i.e IMO alright to remove:

jump-*
libcgi
liboop
nepim
live-f1
magickthumbnail
mime-editor
python-certtool
python-constraint
python-pyparallel
python-pyserial

However, I'm not quite sure whether we can trust these numbers as
being "current", like for eg. hal being phased out may mean
hal-cups-utils is no longer needed or used (the stat is mostly from a
prior period). Of particular concern is pypanel, which IIRC was used
widely until at least 2008 (the last wiki edit for it). Anyway, it's
up to you - we don't want to keep things in community that aren't used
anymore :)

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD