[aur-general] Golang in AUR

Stephen Weinberg stephen at q5comm.com
Sun Jun 6 12:36:11 EDT 2010

On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 11:29:04 +0200
Christian Himpel <chressie at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 3:18 AM, Stephen Weinberg <stephen at q5comm.com>
> wrote:
> > go-lang-hg
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31913
> > This one is the best. It does not have any problems. It looks like
> > it is mostly a copy of the one from abs except it fetches the tip
> > instead of release. It also has provides/conflicts.
>
> thanks, i'm the maintainer ;)
> this pkgbuild also supports the usage of godoc (by copying all .go
> source files in $GOROOT)
>
> > go-lang-hg has only one flaw, the name. I think it should be named
> > go-hg since it is the hg of a package in community.
>
> +1
>
> cheers,
> chressie

Cool, if one of the TUs agrees with us, then you can re-upload it with
the new name package.

Also, you are right, I forgot to add works with godoc to the list of
reasons. I just thought that was implied when I said it was a copy of
the community pkgbuild.

The reason why I want everything cleaned up is I plan to package some
libraries and bindings. Then I want to make a set of standards for
packaging them.

-- Stephen