[aur-general] Golang in AUR

Thorsten Töpper atsutane at freethoughts.de
Sun Jun 6 12:52:01 EDT 2010

On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 21:18:25 -0400
Stephen Weinberg <stephen at q5comm.com> wrote:
> The aur has far too many versions of go (http://golang.org). Many of
> them are out of date. I went though and tried to find as many as I
> could. I believe most of these should be deleted.
>
> go-google-mercurial http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31969
> I think this one should be deleted. go is in community and this does
> not have provides/conflicts with that package.

Deleted.

> golang http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31912
> Very old. I am not even sure if it works. It is also missing
> provides/conflicts.

Deleted.

> go-hg http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33695
> Much better! Missing provides but has conflicts. PKGBUILD looks sound.
>
> go-lang-hg
> This one is the best. It does not have any problems. It looks like it
> is mostly a copy of the one from abs except it fetches the tip instead
> of release. It also has provides/conflicts.
>
> go-lang-hg has only one flaw, the name. I think it should be named
> go-hg since it is the hg of a package in community.
>
> If I am wrong on any of this, let me know. I am new to packaging and I
> have only made three of them. I am still learning :-).
>
> -- Stephen

Now for go-hg and go-lang-hg: Christian ask the Maintainer if he will
hand the package over to you, or at least improve it accordingly. I'll
delete your package in a few days.

--
Jabber: atsutane at freethoughts.de Blog: http://atsutane.freethoughts.de/
Key: 295AFBF4     FP: 39F8 80E5 0E49 A4D1 1341 E8F9 39E4 F17F 295A FBF4