[aur-general] possible dup?

jwbirdsong jwbirdsong at jwbirdsong.homelinux.com
Sat Jun 12 16:28:59 EDT 2010

I've asked this on #archlinux-aur and never got a response, figured I'd
ask here for procedure (at least).

Pkg http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19673 _APPEARS _to be a out
of date dup of http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22734.  (well
actually my pkg is prolly considered the dup as it is a new pkg)

As far as I can tell the functionality of these is exactly same.

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19673 has been outdated for
some time apparently.  comments and lack of response to email seem to
indicate maintainer absence.

Seems some one has link to rapidshare for an up-to-date pkg on comments;
that seems like bad business to me.

Is it acceptable to put link to my pkg in comments? (Assuming pkg really
are identical) Just ask for disown then take over and delete new pkg?
Not sure what is "proper" procedure here.
Thanks and sorry for long winded post.

JWB