[aur-general] kdeplasma-addons-applets-daisy: unmaintained duplicate, can probably go.

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 17:04:10 EDT 2010

On 15 June 2010 23:37, Bram Schoenmakers <lists at bramschoenmakers.nl> wrote:
> 2010/6/14 Ray Rashif <schivmeister at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi,

>>> Sounds sensible - I'm happy to adopt the unmaintained one, but I notice that
>>> Bram Schoenmakers is maintaining the other version so should have first
>>> refusal.
>>
>> Yes, it would be up to Bram. He could either:
>>
>> 1) keep on maintaining current package
>> 2) disown current package and adopt the orphan
>> 3) disown current package and let someone else (you) adopt the orphan
>
> Is it that important, the naming convention? Still, I have no problem
> with taking option 2. Downside is that the current package loses its
> votes. Not that I attach much value to that, but maybe someone else
> cares. :)

Nope, not that important or big of a deal (at least not as long as
it's in [unsupported]).

The only benefit is that you stay in line with the naming in [extra],
so it would then be more search-friendly. And yes, the votes will be
lost, but they can grow again :)

In any case, let us know which option you're comfortable with so we
can remove one of them.

If you do go with (2), I'd suggest that you add:

replaces=('plasma-daisy-plasmoid')

Or with (1), you could:

provides=('kdeplasma-addons-applets-daisy')

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD