[aur-general] kdeplasma-addons-applets-daisy: unmaintained duplicate, can probably go.

Bram Schoenmakers lists at bramschoenmakers.nl
Tue Jun 15 13:37:15 EDT 2010

2010/6/14 Ray Rashif <schivmeister at gmail.com>:

Hi,

>>> Since the one following the naming convention is unmaintained, I would
>>> suggest adopting it with the contents of the other one. But I have no
>>> problem with deleting it, since it meets most of the criteria for
>>> removal.
>>
>> Sounds sensible - I'm happy to adopt the unmaintained one, but I notice that
>> Bram Schoenmakers is maintaining the other version so should have first
>> refusal.
>
> Yes, it would be up to Bram. He could either:
>
> 1) keep on maintaining current package
> 2) disown current package and adopt the orphan
> 3) disown current package and let someone else (you) adopt the orphan

Is it that important, the naming convention? Still, I have no problem
with taking option 2. Downside is that the current package loses its
votes. Not that I attach much value to that, but maybe someone else
cares. :)

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers

What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind.
(Punch, 1855)