[aur-general] "tower-girls", was Re: TU application for Sven-Hendrik Haase

Peter Lewis pete at muddygoat.org
Fri Jun 25 17:25:24 EDT 2010

On Friday 25 Jun 2010 at 22:06 Xyne wrote:
> > I suspect of all the places a girl could stumble upon in the net, this
> > one is the least likely to be it.
>
> Well, when they do, they'll be able to confirm the stereotype of male
> computer geeks and their attitudes towards them.

Indeed.

I've always been quite proud that the free / open source software world has
projects like these:

http://women.debian.org/home/
http://community.kde.org/KDE_Women
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWomen

I know the comments were just supposed to be a bit of fun, but perhaps they
highlight that something like wouldn't be a bad idea in Arch too.

Pete.