[aur-general] "tower-girls", was Re: TU application for Sven-Hendrik Haase

Andrew Antle andrew.antle at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 17:47:49 EDT 2010

On Jun 25, 2010, at 17:25, Peter Lewis <pete at muddygoat.org> wrote:

> On Friday 25 Jun 2010 at 22:06 Xyne wrote:
>>> I suspect of all the places a girl could stumble upon in the net,
>>> this
>>> one is the least likely to be it.
>>
>> Well, when they do, they'll be able to confirm the stereotype of male
>> computer geeks and their attitudes towards them.

What stereotype? I'm a computer geek, and I'm fine with women, in
general and in computing. Stereotyping is bullshit generalization that
doesn't actually apply to anyone in particular.

> Indeed.
>
> I've always been quite proud that the free / open source software
> world has
> projects like these:
>
> http://women.debian.org/home/
> http://community.kde.org/KDE_Women
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWomen
>
> I know the comments were just supposed to be a bit of fun, but
> perhaps they
> highlight that something like wouldn't be a bad idea in Arch too.
>
> Pete.

Patches welcome :) , preferably from women actually involved in Arch,
not pseudo-politically-correct males trying to make themselves feel
better.

--
Andrew