[aur-general] Orphan Request

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 16:13:23 EST 2010

On 03/03/2010, Hilton Medeiros <medeiros.hilton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I disagree. I believe the developer should have priority and be given
> the ownership as soon as possible. You don't have to wait the
> maintainer kiss good bye e hug the build. It is just a build script.

I concur, but it's rude for us to just barge in like that. It's a
simple matter between the developer and the buildscript maintainer, so
it's best left up to them to contact each other, and then if the
maintainer tries anything funny (or does not try anything at all) we
disown it.

A 7-day or next-weekend grace period is good for things like this (for
the maintainer to respond to the orphan request). I had once orphaned
a package for a developer who didn't even claim it (synfig*), but it
took me a while before I read and replied to the e-mail outlining a
build-related matter.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD